Thursday, June 3, 2010

Pat Metheny

Just a note: thanks to my dad, who has exposed me to so much incredible music. Without him, I probably wouldn't have appreciated this concert so much.

Last night I had the pleasure of going to see Pat Metheny, The Orchestrion Tour. I was simply blown away. Pat Matheny stood in the center of every instrument you could think of, but only played the guitar. He was using solenoids to control the other instruments with sounds from his guitar and pedals on the floor. So, while this man jammed on the guitar, the drums, pianos and the percussion were all robotically operated and playing alongside Metheny. Sounds confusing (I know) and I really can't explain it any better, but it was fascinating. An amazing concert, leaving everyone in the room (including myself) speechless.

Metheny had some trouble saying thank you in Korean, and said he was nervous to thank his fans. No worries, Metheny, it took me a full month to feel comfortable saying, 감사합니다 (kamsamnida). Now, it is one of the only Korean words I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment