Saturday, January 22, 2011

Don't go!


One of my favorite kids left on Friday. His family is moving to a different area so he is changing schools. He has been in Kiwi class for 11 months now, so the rest of the kids were pretty devastated to see him go. I asked when I got in the classroom, "Kipper, how are you today?" and his reply was "Teacher, I am extremely sad today because no more school and I move away on Sunday." The rest of the kids started yelling "noooooo!" and "don't go, don't leave!" It was so sad. Before he got on his bus I made sure to find him in the crowd of students anxiously waiting to go home and I told him what a great kid he was and how much I am going to miss him. He almost cried. It's too bad one of my more annoying/bad students couldn't have moved away instead...

This really made me realize that I'm going to have to say goodbye to all of my students very soon. I only have 23 school days left. Time really has flown by.

No comments:

Post a Comment